Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pile of Sticks

I don't think my artwork went as bad as I thought it would. I spent a lot of time looking at the sticks and less time looking at my drawing. I did this because I wanted to be sure I was putting everything in the right place, so it looked as much like the pile of sticks actually did. Making the drawing was really easy in the beginning. I just colored everywhere where I saw sticks. When I was finished with that, it became more tricky. I had to take the thinner pencil and try to draw in individual sticks. I was expecting my outcome to be worse than it was. As I was working on it, it didn't look right to me. I kept making parts lighter with the eraser, then making the parts around it darker with pencil. At the very end when I took a step back, I think it looked better than I thought it did when I didn't look at the big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment