Friday, October 15, 2010

Mid-term Reflection

I think I am doing well with engagement in class. I am always prepared for class, with materials and my mind set on my artwork. I always ask Ms. Roberts if I need help or am stuck and do not know what to do next. I always follow the directions and listen to the teacher. I don't talk too much during class and I always clean up after myself. I think my art up to this point has been pretty good, and I think I am doing better than I did last year, which is a good achievement. Something I could try to work on would be to try to brainstorm more ideas, instead of automatically going with the first idea I think of. I also think I should be taking more risks in my art, because something great could come out of that. Something I really enjoy that I never knew about before, is making collages. I already made a projects that incorporated collages in it, and I think I am pretty good at making them. I also two collages in my sketchbook, one of magazines and newspaper, and one of duct tape. I think my sketchbook is coming along pretty well. I really like working on it during X block because there are a lot more art materials in the art room then there is at my house. However, I always feel rushed when I do it during X block. Something that I could change about that would be to maybe do half of it at home with the materials I have, and half of it during X block. On Tuesdays, drawing from observation has been pretty tough and frustrating for me. I feel that I struggle a lot by just flat out drawing. Although, I think I am improving and I'd like to keep going with it, knowing that I learn a lot and improve each time I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment