Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Found Object Sculpture Reflection


Kings of the Sky

The concept for my work was to build a helicopter. I started out with the front of a radio. After I saw that, I could picture that as the front of a helicopter. The process of making my work wasn't to hard for me. The only hard part was finding the objects to go on the sides, which ended up being clickers. Other then that, I think everything went the way I wanted it to. The biggest struggle I encountered were the two bottoms parts that the helicopter rested on, which didn't turn it out quite the way I wanted it to. I wanted the two things to show and make the helicopter higher up, but I had to leave before the glue was dry. When I left, it unfortunately didn't stay in place. What I discovered doing this project was that if I think it though and plan it before, then it won't be as stressful when it comes to making it. I also found that having many extra supplies and materials to work with helped me think of new possibilities and ideas. The aspects of my work that I thought was most interesting was the propeller. I made it so it could actually twist, which I thought was really interesting. I had it resting on a doorknob so it was higher up.

No comments:

Post a Comment