Monday, May 23, 2011

Sketchbook Archeology

My first two pages is a big collage of random things I found in a magazine. I really think this sparked my interest in making collages, and I'm so glad that happened. When I filled the spread with circles, I tried to be really creative, but it didn't turn the way I wanted. I tried to combine all different shapes and colors of circles to make it look interesting. As I look back at the beginning of my sketchbook, I see that everything I have done is very rough looking, and it looks like I didn't have much familiarity with the art I was making. More towards the beginning, I realize that I used markers a lot more than I have been recently, because I think I use other materials better. I notice that I used tape a lot in my sketchbook. There are some pages that I used to just test out different materials and see how they would look together. I really like using the hot glue gun. I also liked using different colors to draw different shapes and patterns. Once my second term of art began, I think my sketchbook improved. I think it has played a big role in my artistic development because it allows me to be creative with art, using different materials, than I do when I am in class. Multiple times, I would get a picture to put in the middle of the page, and outside of that I would color the page or make different patterns with different colors. I think that I really tried to try new things and use different materials in my sketchbook. Something new that I tried that I really liked was using the spray paint.Materials:
  • magazine paper
  • marker
  • ripped paper
  • paint
  • paint markers
  • colored pencils
  • duct tape
  • pencil
  • hot glue gun
  • highlighter
  • pens
  • glitter
  • sparkly paper
  • tin foil
  • bubble letters
  • collage
  • pastels
  • charcoal
  • watercolors
  • construction paper
  • nail polish
  • spray paint

No comments:

Post a Comment