Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Reflecting at the end of the year

I think I have developed greatly this year as an artist. I truly think this course has changed the way I feel about art completely. At the beginning of the year, I was not very proud of my work and I thought I was bad at art. I did not realize that if I kept practicing art everyday, my work would definitely improve. My artistic strengths are making collages and putting different materials together in unusual ways. One of my biggest challenges was the clay sculpture. Since we did not spend a lot of time with clay this year, it was very hard for me. I had a hard time making the shapes and at the end, making it all come together into one sculpture. Another challenge of mine this year was that I would think about my work too much when I was doing it. When I drew my crane on a piece of paper, I tried really hard not to stress about it, and just to do it. After I finished it, I realized that it came out really well. I will leave this class thinking about art more so then before. I would normally never think about art on a regular basis, but now I am always interested in how things are made. I see art influencing my life in the future because when I go places and I see something interesting, I always think about how I could make my own version of that, using many different shapes and materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment