Thursday, November 11, 2010

Term 1 Reflection

I think this term has gone very well for me and I have learned a lot. Compared to last year, I feel that my artwork has increased a big amount. I've learned many different things, which have all helped me in different aspects. One thing I have learned was the principles of design. I always knew what each of the parts were, but I think knowing what these principles really are, helped put words to what I was doing and thinking. I have also learned many small things that are helpful. I have learned how to blend better than I had already known, and whether to use charcoal or pencil. I think I have definitely grown as an artist. I have learned a lot, which has helped me grow. I think this year, I have put together everything I have learned and really tried to put it all in my work. What has surprised me is that if I put a lot of time and effort into my artwork instead of just giving up, it really does get better. I think my biggest success this year has been my extended pour painting. It took me a really long time, but I think it paid off. I used different materials in it. My last part involved using magazine cutouts to make a rainbow, which turned out to look really good. What I think challenged me most was the drop everything and draws. Although, it did get easier for me by the end of the term. I feel like I had a problem with making things look realistic and making them stand it. Something that really helped me with that was making the back round black. Advice I would have given myself at the beginning of the term would be to think outside of the box. Looking ahead, something I think I could work on would be to not give up. Even if art is frustrating, my work will always get better if I just keep going with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment