Friday, November 18, 2011

Wood

For my wood project, Julia, Liza, Sydney Allen and Sydney Gad made a house. At first I thought it would be really boring and we would just make a boring looking, original house. I missed a day of sculpture because I was doing the admissions thing. When I came bag, I saw how much work Julia and Liza had done, and I felt bad, and really wanted to be a strong part of the group. The next day of sculpture, Sydney Gad and I went outside, got mulch and got little rocks. We did this because we thought it would be a really cool idea to design the top of the house. We made a pool, grass and chairs. I made the pillows for the chairs. Then we made the inside of the house, which was painted and had little paper clips hanging down from it. Something I learned from this project is that art is never done until you want it to be. You can keep designing and adding to a project until you think it has enough. When we began this project, I thought we were going to keep it simple, but we did not. I also learned that things that seem so simple, require a lot of work. After we glued all the objects onto the top of the house, I saw things were loose. I then had to hot glue them all down, securely.

No comments:

Post a Comment